Monday, October 5, 2009

Beware

....this is going to be a boring post, but I haven't talked to the "dub dub dub" world in a while, so thought I owe you guys at least something, even if it's not worth your time.

We had a great weekend! Friday, it started off at the old stomping ground to see the mighty Panthers of Klein Oak play Klein. Randy's mom suggested the idea and I'm glad we decided to go. It was a lot of fun. Man, we are old. Those kids looked so damn young. And to think when we were that age, being seniors, we thought we were so old and cool! So, it was us, both sets of parents and the Tolles clan. I had no idea how Samantha would do since her night night time is around 7:30 (which was game time), but we gave it a go, with carrier in tow (ugh!), just in case she wanted to snooze. Well, she didn't sleep at all and was never fussy! She was mesmerized, I think by all the action, bright lights and music. She didn't close her eyes until we got in the car, and we left with about 5 minutes left in the game. KO did not win (wah!), but by FAR they won the halftime show. Go band and Strutters! I was so impressed and so proud! :-) They did awesome. And, the Strutters didn't have to wear the old moldy, crusty overlays like we did! They had on some cute black and pink outfits, man they are lucky. Guess that's what 15 years does to the drillteam fashion world. Did I just date myself?! Anywho, Samantha slept until 8:30 the next morning, but of course, we still got up at 7:30, such is life.

Saturday, we did absolutely nothing, although mom got out for a shopping trip! I only bought 1 shirt for me, all the rest was for the babe. She was in desperate need of some clothes. I was sending her to school in highwaters, but I kept telling myself they were capris. ;-) Found some great deals....bought nothing at full price, bargain shopping, gotta love it! Sunday, we went to the Texans game (Samantha stayed with the grandparents), and thank goodness for the W-I-N.

Not looking forward to my work week starting tomorrow, but hopefully it will be Thursday before I know it!

Although it won't help that I'll be daydreaming about my folks while they're on a cruise....from San Juan, they're going to St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua and St Kitts....oh the life. I need a vacation.

Til next time....

2 comments:

  1. gotta love bargain shopping! wanna hit the outlet next week if I havent had the baby yet? Z needs some fall clothes!

    And way to go on the KO game, how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good weekend to me. It pains me to buy things full price, but I usually break down during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete