Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You put that where!?!?

That's what Randy had to say or at least, something similar. This past weekend little Samantha was quite constipated. Seriously. No poops on Saturday (when we're used to 3 or 4) and none on Sunday until I went into action. So being the worried, have no clue, new mom that I am, I was reading Baby 411, looking online, anything that I could find to help my sweet babe. At one point, she was in tears and pushing so hard, that I thought she was going to explode. :-( And, still, nothing came out. So, I headed to the store to stock up on prunes and juice. That should do it, right?!? Stuffed her with those, and the wait began. Surely there would be progress! I thought we had it, major farts and sounds of liquid poo (yes, I did it, go mom!)......there was poo, but it was hard as a rock. A kid would have thought it was years-old play-doh or something (you know when you mixed all the colors together so it made a really nasty poo color). Ugh. More juice. More hard poo. At least it was coming out now, but can we get some loose stools please!?! So, this is when I went to another device. The thermometer. We have one that has the different attachments for rectal, oral, armpit, etc. I lubed it up and up we went! Samantha got a little fussy, but nothing too bad. Tried this a couple of times, and don't even think it helped, but the next morning, we had normal poo, ROCK ON! :-) That morning, Randy looks at the thermometer (still had it out and ready in case we needed to use it again) and says...

(see title of this post)

I looked at it, and said, Oh Shit. Excuse my potty mouth. ;-)

I had used the oral attachment instead of the rectal one! My poor baby! What a wonderful mother I am, right? Well, to my defense, I know I didn't shove it up there all the way. It was definitely more than the rectal one would have gone, but what can I do about it now? I guess the attachment that was extra long looked (in my current mindset) like it was the cure-all more than the short stubby one. ;-)

You live and learn. Anyone want their temperature taken? Haha! :-)

Oh, and check out the survey on the right-hand side. Just curious what reality shows you kids watch. Let me know if I need to add one to my fall line-up. ;-)

Til next time...

P.S. Happy Birthday Amy! Cheers, here's to another year! Love ya!

3 comments:

  1. that is so disgusting and funny at the same time!! Poor little Sam! But glad she is regular again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! This is hilarious! I have yet to take Caroline's temperature in her booty (or dig her poo out)...not looking forward to having to do that. I am sure she will not enjoy it! Thanks for the bday wishes!

    ReplyDelete