Monday, September 28, 2009

Can 2009 end already please?

I'm ready for 2010. Anyone else feel the same? It's been a difficult year for me, my family, my dearest friends and even strangers. Although, we will be blessed with Mark and Evan very soon, and for that I am grateful! I cannot wait to meet them and welcome them into our world! How precious newborns are, *hug*.

Most who are (or not) reading this, know it's been a crappy year for me health-wise. Two episodes of a stomach virus; 3 episodes of mastitis - one of which put me in the hospital for 5 days; tummy issues - just had a stomach scope a few weeks ago and found out I have gastritis, a.k.a. stomach inflammation. I'm on an acid reducer for 2 months, so hopefully it's just from acid and I won't have to go through additional testing. And today I find out that I have Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC). I've had pain in my right wrist for a while now and I just figured it was nothing to worry about and would get better on its own. Well, it has slowly gotten worse so I decided to go see an orthopedic surgeon. Basically, I have torn cartilage in my wrist. Treatment options are:

1. Do nothing, until pain gets worse
2. Cast - over the entire arm and elbow - for 6 weeks (not an option with a 9 month old!)
3. Splint/anti-inflammatory meds, such as Aleve (can't do this because of my tummy issues and splint won't help 100% because I will still be able to twist my arm, from palm down to palm up)
4. Surgery - arthoscopy (like they do with the knees, elbows, etc)

I'm leaning towards option 1 or 4. I'm not in severe pain, so why do anything? But, then again, before it gets to that point, should I take care of it now, while I'm working part-time and have a semi-immobile child? So, we'll see. It's an outpatient procedure and I would only have a splint on for 1-2 weeks, and then I should be good to go, with a few weeks to full recovery.

Thank God for insurance. I cannot even begin to think about paying for all of these docs and medical care from my own pocket. Scary. I have heard that the year after giving birth/having a c-section can be pure HELL on your body. Well, I am full proof of that. So, what else can come my way? I pray, nothing, but will continue to get through the rest of this year every way possible! I've got a darling angel to inspire me!

Let the countdown begin, only 94 days until 2010!

Til next time....

5 comments:

  1. OUCH! Poor sue! You have had all kinds of yucky ailments recently! I would go for #4 if you can. why not get it taken care of before it gets worse if you can? We are just around the corner if you need any help too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know I am a little ready for it to be 2010 as well! I had an arthoscopic surgery on my elbow and it wasn't too bad. Just stick with your physical therapy afterwards and don't quit like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa, you are so sweet, but I think you will have enough on your hands for the months to come! ;-) Amy - I thought this is what you had done too, so I think that's been helping me lean that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lil' Sue. I dont check blogs very often, but my old lady said you were here so i decided to check it out. Smell ya later.
    PS- get on facebook

    ReplyDelete