Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Frickin' laser beams!

My dad started radiation today. This is the first of 40 treatment sessions he goes through. He will go 5 days/week for 2 months. Please add him to your prayers, that these "frickin' lasers" will kill those damn cancer cells, that he goes through treatment without experiencing major side effects, and that emotionally he can make it through this! I'm sure he can, but the extra prayers are definitely appreciated and I know we have some awesome people prayers out there, so get to work! :-)

At one of his prep appointments prior to the start of the treatment sessions, he was "tattooed" so that the beams hit him and the cancer cells at the right angle and position. He asked the lady for a butterfly tattoo, but no such luck. Haha! I'm so glad that he's able to keep his sense of humor in all this!

The most likely side effect will be tiredness, so we'll see how that works out for a retiree that must be on-the-go at all times! Each week he will receive progress reports. I'm not sure what that means yet, but my mom will go with him to those appointments each week so she can hear the reports as well. Right now she's not planning to go with him every day, unless he's really tired.

I just THANK GOD that treatment and a cure is available and I continue to pray this will do the trick!

Let's kick this in the rear!!!

Til next time...

3 comments:

  1. You dad is one of the strongest men I know....he WILL kick this in the rear for sure!! I will be praying for Laddie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking back to see how your dad is doing! Know he is in my prayers! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete