Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Maid, Part II

So, the maid was back last week for our bi-weekly cleaning. Remember, she was supposed to bring the 30 clothes items back since $75 was too much. Whatever. Randy and I were both gone, so when I got home (had completely forgotten that she was even there that day), I noticed that indeed she did bring back the clothes. So, what do I do......I count them. She said she took 30, it was about 50. And, she thought that $75 was too much!??! I'd like to find out where she shops, because obviously she gets them dirt cheap. And, they were mostly my work clothes, again, much more than the $2 I was going to charge her. She called the next day to talk to me about some things, mentioned she brought the clothes back, etc....and that she agreed I could get so much more if I took them to goodwill for the tax return, because she does that all the time. Mind you, when Randy originally told her that's what we wanted to do, she acted like she had no idea about the tax return. Ahhhhh, oh well.....I'll let it go. Maybe I'll keep them until next year's garage sale and sell them for $1. ;-o

Work was absolute S-H-I-T last week....so much so, that I can't and don't want to even get into it here. The search for that monogramming machine may be closer than I expected. ;-)

But, to make it all the better, we booked a trip to Mexico to celebrate my birthday! We leave in just about 2 weeks and will be gone 4 nights. And, we will most likely be watching the Super Bowl in espanol, hot dog! Jealous, I know. This will be our first big trip away from Samantha, but I know we can do it, and I know she will love spending the time with the grandparents. Thank goodness for us all being in the same city. So, with that, I bid you all a good night.

Til next time..... (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! :) Totally jealous...one day we will vacation again! Sorry about the $hit week, I cannot even tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to going back to work. WAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to hear the update on this! I was telling a friend of mine about your maid's ridiculous actions. It is still unbelievable to me! Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday. Love to you all. Have a una mas cerveza for me!

    ReplyDelete